Do Mutual Fund Tax Planning

Are mutual funds part of your portfolio?

What If You Can’t File Your 2011 Tax Return On Time?

If you need more time to file your 2011 income tax return, you can get an extension – and no explanation is necessary.

Tax Tip Tuesday! Is Your Business Eligible For The Health Insurance Premium Credit?

Remember the postcard you got from the IRS last year introducing the health insurance premium credit for small businesses? To paraphrase the old song, there’s no letter in the mail for you this year.

Check Your Withholding and Estimated Tax Payments For 2011

If you expect a large tax refund this year, or if you’ve already received one, chances are you’re happy. But why give the government an interest-free loan?

Get An Extension If You Can’t File On Time

April 18 is the due date for filing your 2010 tax return. If you won’t have all your tax information assembled in time to meet the filing deadline, getting an extension will give you an extra six months — or until October 17, 2011 — to file your return.

Tax Tip Tuesday! Recoveries aren’t taxable if there was no tax benefit

When you think of the three “R’s,” refunds, rebates and reimbursements may not be the first words that come to mind. However, they do go together in tax law. All three are common forms of recoveries, a tax term describing a type of miscellaneous income.